When it comes to quality, we’re serious. And we can prove it:
#1: ISO 9001:2008 Certification – Sloan is the only electromechnical service and sales operation in California to have achieved the world’s highest recognition for meeting and exceeding manufacturing and service standards of excellence.
The International Organization for Standardization, commonly referred to as ISO, is the world’s largest standards-developing association. Founded in 1947, ISO has published more than 17,000 international standards in virtually every business field, from agriculture and construction to medical devices, mechanical engineering and information technology developments.
It’s not just an honor; it’s a lot of hard work To achieve ISO certification, a company must document every step required to supply a quality product, from the initial design stage through final delivery and support of the product, including documenting in detail internal business practices and employee training and performance. To maintain ISO certification, a company has to undergo annual audits.
The EASA Accreditation is an earned Certification awarded to a motor repair service organization after verification by a 3rd party onsite audit that the service center:
1. Has the proper repair equipment and tooling in good working condition.
2. Repairs are performed to ANSI/EASA Standard AR100-2010.
3. Has and uses calibrated measuring instruments.
4. Has documented work procedures and employee training. This includes random interviews with employees.
5. Has comprehensive required job documentation.